Visitors to Site

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sing Your Song!

On the bulletin board in my room I posted "The Music Teacher's Creed" by John Jacobson.  I like everything stated in the creed, but I especially like how it is summed up-

"I will teach them joy.
I will teach them hope.
I will teach them to be great.
I will use beautiful music to make all ever more beautiful,
And I will teach all with whom I come in contact, to let their very life be music."


When you think about it, the way we live is a song.  Some days our song is joyful or playful.  Other days, our song may be sad or soulful.   My prayer is that all my students will find their voice and sing their song, and that most of the time, the songs will be filled with joy.



~Mrs. Dyer



1 comment:

  1. I love that creed that you chose to put on your board...life is so much better with music in it! Great job with the blog, too. Keep those posts coming!

    ReplyDelete